When summers warmth hits, potluck season begins. Family and friends gather together, each bringing a dish to share with everyone else in attendance, and enjoy each others company. So this week the #SundaySupper tastemakers are bringing their Summer’s Best Potluck Dishes to the table, to give you tried and true recipes you can take to your next potluck with pride. A big thank you goes out to our amazing host, T.R. Crumbley of Gluten Free Crumbley, who made this event happen!
This is my favorite salad in the summer. When I start picking vine ripe tomatoes from my garden, I grab some fresh basil as well, and make this salad often to enjoy for lunch. I honestly never get tired of it. It's a healthy meal that's light on the waist, as well as the stomach. Who wants to eat a heavy meal, when temps are in the 80's and 90's? I sure don't. If you crave something a little more substantial, add a hunk of Italian bread to soak up the juices from the salad, or for the carnivores, add a grilled burger or piece of chicken, and you have a complete meal, that still wont weigh you down, and leave you feeling sluggish.
Double, or even triple this recipe to take to your next potluck, and get ready for it to disappear quickly. Every time I take this dish to a potluck, I always bring an empty bowl home.
Whichever way you chose to enjoy it, at home for yourself or to share at a potluck, you'll love the ease and freshness of this Chopped Caprese Salad!
Craving more? Stay in touch on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for new post updates and more.
Chopped Caprese Salad
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
1 - 10.5 ounce package yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 pound whole milk mozzarella, cut into bite size cubes
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped or chiffonade
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
In a medium bowl place the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil leaves.
Add olive oil, along with salt and pepper to taste, and toss gently to combine.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Have you tried one of my recipes?
I’d love to see what you've made! Take a picture and use the hashtag #myhomesteadrecipe on Instagram or Facebook so I can see it!