It’s that busy back to school time of year, and the #SundaySupper Tastemakers have you covered with Easy Skillet Recipes. Recipes that can be on the table in under an hour, and use just one skillet, make those busy school nights so much easier. A big thank you to our event host Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake for hosting today, and our campaign manager Marion from Life Tastes Good for organizing this event!
With kids back in school, and the crazy hours that ensue with after-school activities, quick and easy meals are a must. That's where skillet dinners come in. These tasty dishes are made in one pan, which makes cooking and clean-up a breeze.
These crispy roasted sweet potatoes are one of my families favorite side dishes. I can have this dish prepped and in the oven in about 5 minutes. Then as they roast to tender, crispy perfection, my husband grills up some pork chops or burgers, and dinner is served.
Craving more? Stay in touch on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for new post updates and more.
Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
4 - 5 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, and onion powder to taste
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat butter and oil together until butter has melted, and pour 2 tablespoons of the mixture in the bottom of your baking dish. (I love using Cast Iron Skillets).
Arrange potato slices vertically in the dish, and brush tops of potatoes with remaining butter/oil mixture. Season with salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste.
Cover dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and almost fully cooked.
Increase oven heat to 450 degrees F and remove foil. Roast for 10 to 20 minutes more, or until potatoes are just starting to brown.
Notes: *The actual cooking time may vary, depending on the thickness of your potato slices.
Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Check out what everyone else made...
Favorite Skillet Breakfasts
- Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Egg Skillet by Positively Stacey
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Home Sweet Homestead
- Alex’s Favorite Skillet Meal by The Freshman Cook
- Apple, Squash and Chicken Skillet by The Redhead Baker
- Black Bean and Rice Skillet by Wholistic Woman
- Chakchouka (Tunisian Eggs in Tomato Sauce) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chili Joes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- How to cook ChopSuey Vegetable Stir Fry with Beef by Asian In America
- Clean Eating Hamburger Helper Skillet by A Mind Full Mom
- Creamy Paprika Chicken & Peppers by My Life Cookbook
- Easy Pink Pasta Skillet by Family Foodie
- Easy Skillet Lasagna by New South Charm
- Greek Turkey Spinach Skillet by Cooking Chat
- Hatch Chile Shakshuka by Helpful Homemade
- Healthy Vegetable Skillet Dinner by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Huevos Rancheros by The Hungry Goddess
- Japanese Korean Tofu Sliders by The Ninja Baker
- Healthy Kielbasa, Brussels Sprouts, Potato & Pear Skillet by Food Done Light
- Kung Pao Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Vegetables by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza by Crazed Mom
- One Pan Taco Rice Skillet by The Chef Next Door
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff by My World Simplified
- Pork and Sweet Potato Hash by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pork with Gingered Pluots by Palatable Pastime
- Salsa Chicken Skillet by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Sautéed Gnocchi with Pomodo Crudo by What Smells So Good?
- Smothered Potatoes and Sausage by Sunday Supper Movement
- Spanish Rice and Beef Skillet Dinner by Meal Planning Magic
- Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet by Caroline's Cooking
- Summer Squash Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Tamale Pie by Monica’s Table
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Veggie-Packed Sloppy Joes by Powered By BLING
- Yellow Rice Skillet by Cricket’s Confections
- Fudgy Skillet Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by The Crumby Cupcake
Have you tried one of my recipes?
I’d love to see what you've made! Take a picture and use the hashtag #myhomesteadrecipe on Instagram or Facebook. I may feature it on social media!
Shared with some of these Blog Parties.