Remember those fun sleepovers you had with your friends?Staying up late watching movies, eating way to much junk food, and maybe even breaking out into a pillow fight. It was almost impossible to fall asleep from the excitement. Now you're hosting sleepovers for your own children, and aren't quite sure what to serve that hungry crowd. Then you've come to the right place, because the #SundaySupper crew has come together to share their best sleepover recipes today. From snacks and desserts guest can munch on through the evening hours, to delicious breakfast ideas that can be enjoyed the next morning, we've got you covered for all your sleepover needs.
My favorite thing about sleepovers, is preparing brunch the next day. Dinner is usually take-out pizza, along with chips and dip, popcorn, and pop to snack on as the kids watch movies, or play video games. So I always make a point of serving something a little healthier the next day. Waffle Fruit Kabobs are almost always on the menu. They're super easy to make, and a hit with everyone.
This recipe couldn't be easier to make.You could prepare your own waffles if you'd like, but after a group of giggling, rambunctious kids have kept you up most of the night, I'm pretty sure you're like me, and NOT in the mood to make homemade waffles from scratch. So for convenience sake, grab some pre-made waffles from the freezer section of your local grocery store.
There are lots of options available nowadays, but I usually keep it simple and buy a buttermilk version, and a gluten free one as well, in case anyone has gluten issues. Then it's as simple as toasting the waffles, cutting them into bite-size pieces along with the fruit, and assembling the kabobs. Mix up the yogurt dip the night before to make things even easier, and breakfast is served.
Craving more? Stay in touch on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for new post updates and more.
Waffle Fruit Kabobs with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Yogurt Dip
Fresh fruit of your choice, cut up
Waffles, store-bought or homemade
1/2 cup plain, whole milk Greek yogurt
1 - 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Prepare waffles according to package directions, or use your own homemade waffle recipe. Cut into bite-size pieces.
Alternate waffle pieces and fruit on skewers.
Combine yogurt, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl and stir till blended.
Serve dip with waffle fruit kabobs. (Maple syrup may be used as well, or even whipped cream)!
Note: *Other good fruit choices would be pineapple, grapes, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, or mandarin oranges.
Special thanks to our event host Marion of Life Tastes Good for hosting today, and our campaign manager Cricket from Crickets Confections for organizing this event!
Hosting a sleepover soon? Check out the amazing recipes the #SundaySupper crew has come up with below.
- Bacon Jam Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Breakfast Strata with Bacon and Date by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli Breakfast Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burrito by Brunch-n-Bites
- Julia’s Mushroom Quiche – Quiche aux Champignons by An Appealing Plan
- Nutty Sweet Potato Waffles by Wholistic Woman
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Burritos by Cooking On The Ranch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars by Crazed Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes by Books n’ Cooks
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole by Moore or Less Cooking
- Swedish Pancakes with Brown Sugar Bananas by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Waffle Fruit Kabobs by Home Sweet Homestead
- 2-Minute Quick Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Heavenly Oreo Dessert by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Peach Slab Pie by Pies and Plots
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Better Than Anything Chex Mix by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Caramel Corn by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cobb Salad Dip by Food Done Light
- DIY Grilled Cheese Bar by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fluffernutter Puff Pastry Turnovers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Make-It-Yourself Caramel Apple Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Fish Party Mix by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Midnight Chicken Nuggets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- S’mores Snack Mix by Positively Stacey
Have you tried one of my recipes?
I’d love to see what you've made! Take a picture and use the hashtag #myhomesteadrecipe on Instagram or Facebook. I may feature it on social media!
Shared with some of these Blog Parties.